Consumer and Commercial Collections
Chicago debt collection attorneys
With our more than 50 combined years of experience handling collection cases, the
Law Offices of Talan & Ktsanes is trusted by clients across Chicago to help them recover the money they are owed for their goods and services. We provide our clients with legal advice and litigation services at every level of state and federal courts. We have successfully helped a wide variety of clients — including banks, businesses, corporations, attorneys, accountants, landlords, real estate agencies, consulting firms and financing companies — collect the debts owed to them.
We are committed to providing results and can assist you if you need help collecting money from debtors on:
- Unpaid loans
- Guaranties and promissory notes
- Letters of credit and other extensions of credit
- Fees owed for professional services
- Debts for goods sold or delivered
- Liens of all varieties
- Unpaid rent and charges for apartments, condominiums and co-ops
- Unjust enrichment claims
- Replevin actions subject to creditors’ liens
- Breach of contract actions
We are dedicated to delivering an exceptional client experience. In addition to providing litigation services, we also review our clients’ current contracts to eliminate potential issues that may arise in the future. By fighting for you today and protecting you for the future, we make sure that you get the results that you deserve.
An overview of the collections process
- Receipt and review of your files
- Demand letter — We send a letter to your debtor demanding payment. If the debtor responds to the letter, we work with you to see if you want to discount the debt and to set up a payment schedule.
- Lawsuit — If the debtor does not respond, we seek your permission to file a lawsuit. Once the suit is filed, we move quickly to obtain a judgment in your favor before trial. Although rare, if trial becomes necessary, we vigorously defend your right to collect payment.
- Judgment — A judgment gives our attorneys the opportunity to get the debtor’s attention. We attach liens on the debtor’s real estate and move to file wage garnishments to secure payment on the debt. These garnishments take money from the debtor’s bank account, paychecks and any other sources of income. If we cannot locate a debtor’s place of employment, we can force the debtor to appear in court for a post-judgment deposition and testify about the finances.
- Jail — If the debtor fails to appear at the deposition, we can have the debtor jailed for contempt of court. We usually reach out to the debtor before this becomes necessary, but if people continue to refuse to pay what they owe, we have no problem with sending them to jail.
Experienced attorneys. Proven results.
Call the Law Offices of Talan & Ktsanes in Chicago today at 312-629-7550 or contact us online to put an end to your debtors’ excuses and make them pay what they owe.